Is There Enough Evidence to Convict Jesus as The Son of God?
After his wife converted, Yale Law School alum, Chicago Tribune legal journalist, and former atheist Lee Strobel set out to disprove Christianity.
In his two year investigation, he questioned numerous expert witnesses about the eyewitness evidence, corroborating evidence, archaeological evidence and rebuttal evidence concerning the reliability of the Gospels.
After “examining the record,” he analyzed the portraits of Jesus in the Gospels, before investigating the circumstantial evidence. Eventually, Strobel came to Christ, published his findings, and became one of the most renowned Christian apologetic authors in the world.
Many years ago, this became the first apologetics (making a defense) book I ever read. For me, this opened a door to a more evidential — Forensic — faith. It was incredibly enheartening to know that there are excellent reasons to put one’s trust in Christ — and to know how to counter the most common objections to trust in Christ, with evidence…1
Table of Contents
Introduction: Reopening the Investigation of a Lifetime
PART 1: Examining the Record
1. The Eyewitness Evidence
2. Testing the Eyewitness Evidence
3. The Documentary Evidence
4. The Corroborating Evidence
5. The Scientific Evidence
6. The Rebuttal Evidence
PART 2: Analyzing Jesus
7. The Identity Evidence
8. The Psychological Evidence
9. The Profile Evidence
10. The Fingerprint Evidence
PART 3: Researching the Resurrection
11. The Medical Evidence
12. The Evidence of the Missing Body
13. The Evidence of Appearances
14. The Circumstantial Evidence Conclusion: The Verdict of History List of Citations
C4C highly recommends The Case For Christ, and there are at least 10 good reasons to add Kindle eBooks and Audible audiobooks to your library. To download your free copy of this audiobook, visit the “How Do I Get My Free Audiobook?” section of the CatchForChrist.net Free Audiobook Library Listing page.
- This description first appeared in a CatchForChrist Instagram post.
- Strobel, Lee. The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus . Zondervan. Kindle Edition.