Historically, Islamic doctrine reveres Jesus as a prophet but denies that He
- was the Son of God
- claimed to be divine, or
- even died on the cross (let alone be raised to life).
To claim that Allah somehow became human (e.g., believing that Jesus is God) is the utmost blasphemy — the unforgivable sin of shirk (Surah 5.72).1
Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus takes readers on the captivating spiritual journey of a devout Muslim apologist, the late Nabeel Qureshi (M.D.) — a former critic who became a Christian apologist after examining the evidence critically.
Reading Qureshi’s book was not only incredibly informative concerning responses to common Islamic counterclaims (e.g., “the Bible has been corrupted”, etc.), but also concerning the incredibly high stakes for almost any Muslim who converts.
This book gave me a greater understanding of Islam and greater empathy for Muslims. I was literally in tears at the conclusion of his story…2
Table of Contents
Foreword by Lee Strobel
Prologue: Seeking Allah
PART ONE: CALLED TO PRAYER
1. Prayers of My Fathers
2. A Mother’s Faith
3. A Community of Four
4. The Perfect Book
5. Stories of the Prophet
6. Righteous through Ritual Prayer
7. Diversity in Islam
8. The Path of Sharia
9. Dreams of the Faithful
10. The Month of Blessing
PART TWO: AN AMBASSADOR FOR ISLAM
11. Third Culture
12. Muslims in the West
13. Swoons and Substitutions
14. The Father Is Greater Than Jesus
15. Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames
16. Treasured Traditions
17. Signs in the Sky
18. Honor and Authority
19. The Religion of Peace
PART THREE: TESTING THE NEW TESTAMENT
20. Becoming Brothers
21. Opening My Eyes
22. Textual Evolution
23. Revisiting Reliability
PART FOUR: COMING TO THE CRUX
24. Litmus Tests
25. Crucifying the Swoon Theory
26. A Muslim at Church
27. Debating the Resurrection
PART FIVE: JESUS: MORTAL MESSIAH OR DIVINE SON OF GOD?
28. Genetics and Jesus
29. Jesus Creates Carpenters
30. The Divine Son of Man
31. Paulemics and the Earliest Jesus
PART SIX: THE CASE FOR THE GOSPEL
32. Tension and the Trinity
33. Resonating with the Trinity
34. Salvation in the Balance
35. Assessing the Gospel
PART SEVEN: THE TRUTH ABOUT MUHAMMAD
36. Muhammad Revisited
37. The Picture-Perfect Prophet
38. Veiling the Violence
39. Muhammad Rasul Allah?
PART EIGHT: THE HOLINESS OF THE QURAN
40. The Case for the Quran
41. The Quran, Science, and Bucailleism
42. Hadith and the History of the Quran
43. Those Whom Their Right Hands Possess
PART NINE: FAITH IN DOUBT
44. Rationality and Revelation
45. The Cost of Embracing the Cross
46. I Am Near, Seek and You Shall Find
47. A Field of Crosses
PART TEN: GUIDED BY THE HAND OF GOD
48. Deciphering Dreams
49. The Narrow Door
50. A Stairway out of the Mosque
51. Time to Mourn
52. The Word Speaks
53. Finding Jesus Expanded Epilogue
Appendix 1: Expert Contributions
Appendix 2: Topical Table of Contents
Appendix 3: Are Ahmadis Muslim?: Responding to Concerns About My Former Sect of Islam Appendix
4: Sneak Peek: No God but One: Allah or Jesus?
C4C highly recommends Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, and there are at least 10 good reasons to add Kindle eBooks and Audible audiobooks to your library. To download your free copy of this audiobook, visit the “How Do I Get My Free Audiobook?” section of the CatchForChrist.net Audiobook Library Listing.
- “They do blaspheme who say: “(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary.” But said Christ: “O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.” Whoever joins other gods with Allah—Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.” Abdullah Yusuf Ali, trans., “The Meaning of the Holy Qur’an” 2004.
- This description first appeared in a CatchForChrist Instagram post.
- Qureshi, Nabeel. Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity (pp. 9-12). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.