Tactics: A Game Plan For Discussing Your Christian Convictions
Tactics is the book that really ignited my apologetic (making a defense for the Gospel) fire. Greg Koukl, president and founder of Stand to Reason (STR.org), and an adjunct professor of Christian Apologetics at Biola University with two Master’s degrees,1 offers great strategies (not tricks!) that are incredibly helpful when having discussions that are prone to become driven more by emotion than reason. Having a good strategy can lead to more confidence in such discussions, which can lead to more discussions in which one can confidently discuss the Good News of Christ.
Of course, tactics are no substitute for knowledge. However, part of what makes them so crucial is that tactics can help one navigate conversations even when one does do not have all the answers — which no one does…
One of the most important tactics entails listening. Asking clarifying questions and listening. Not listening just to respond, but listening to truly understand. Yet this also entails listening for questionable logic. Once one is able to identify some of the most common logical fallacies, they start to stick out like sore thumbs…
After reading Tactics in November 2016, I started listening to Stand to Reason’s podcasts and reading their blogs, discovering several other great authors they recommend along the way. This past year or so has been an awesome journey. I owe a lot of it to this book and the good people at STR. To God be the glory!2
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE GAME PLAN
1. Diplomacy or D-Day?
3. Getting in the Driver’s Seat: The Columbo Tactic.
4. Columbo Step Two: The Burden of Proof
5. Step Three: Using Columbo to Lead the Way
6. Perfecting Columbo.
PART TWO: FINDING THE FLAWS
7. Suicide: Views That Self-Destruct
8. Practical Suicide
9. Sibling Rivalry and Infanticide.
10. Taking the Roof Off.
12. Rhodes Scholar
13. Just the Facts, Ma’am.
14. More Sweat, Less Blood3
C4C highly recommends Tactics, and there are at least 10 good reasons to add Kindle eBooks and Audible audiobooks to your library.
To download your free copy of this audiobook,
visit the “How Do I Get My Free Audiobook?” section of the CatchForChrist.net Audiobook Library Listing. try this link (but I believe the limit has been reached).
Disclaimer: there is a limit to how many times I can share an audiobook for free from my account. Once the limit is reached, others will not be able to download the title for free. If you are not able to download the audiobook, that is likely the issue.
- “Greg received his Masters in Philosophy of Religion and Ethics at Talbot School of Theology, graduating with high honors, and his Masters in Christian Apologetics with honors from Simon Greenleaf University. He is an adjunct professor in Christian apologetics at Biola University.” https://www.str.org/training/speakers/greg-koukl
- This description first appeared on the C4C Instagram account
- Koukl, Gregory. Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions (p. 12). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.